Contrary to the title of the blog (kc-climbs), I am putting more than just climbs. I am putting weekend hobbies ... Climbs, hikes, Fun brew news, and other exciting or not so exciting excursions. I'm trying to organize trip reports, recipes, etc. on the right. Please leave comments as I love reading them!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Hidden Lake Peak

Well, not much to say about this one. We really wanted to get out and do something nice in the N Cascades - Ryan really hasn't been out there yet. The plan was to try to do Eldorado via sibley creek/the triad and also climb the triad - a new one for me.

After 2 weeks of incredible weather, wouldn't you know that we left the trail head in mist/drizzle/rain with no visibility. Weather not improving and not knowing the route we decided to stay in the sibley creek basin. We decided to make a go for the summit and lookout shelter on Hidden Lake Peak. I think that we made it to the summit - the altimeter reading was pretty close and there was a water logged summit registry. I've been told that the views are good too, especially with good weather. Not being able to see the shelter or really know how far away it was we just headed out. Car camped with beer/whiskey/fire for the evening and returned to Seattle where the weather promptly turned to sun.


Lucas and Ryan skinning in pea soup.
Lucas and Ryan on the summit - gorgeous views.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

My first time, but definitely not my last. We will meet again North Cascades, we will meet again...