Contrary to the title of the blog (kc-climbs), I am putting more than just climbs. I am putting weekend hobbies ... Climbs, hikes, Fun brew news, and other exciting or not so exciting excursions. I'm trying to organize trip reports, recipes, etc. on the right. Please leave comments as I love reading them!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Lichtenberg Mountain


Lucas, Ryan, and I headed up to Lichtenburg mountain for my first ski of the year and my first excursion from my S.America trip - the cause for little activity around Seattle this winter. We skinned up to the summit soon enough and encountered some awesome fluff off the Southwest of the mountain for about a 1500 foot run. After heading up to the summit again we skied towards Lichtenwasser for some equally scrumptious snow. One more run in and we called it a day. We were in about 18 inches of nice, slightly wet powder on the top of the mountain the whole time. Some of the better conditions I've been in out here. A hell of a day - about 5500' total.


Ryan and Lucas skinning close to the summit
Ryan getting his turns on
Lucas on the first pitch


No comments: