Contrary to the title of the blog (kc-climbs), I am putting more than just climbs. I am putting weekend hobbies ... Climbs, hikes, Fun brew news, and other exciting or not so exciting excursions. I'm trying to organize trip reports, recipes, etc. on the right. Please leave comments as I love reading them!

Monday, February 4, 2008

Tiger Mountain 2/4/08

So it's been awhile. Winter has set in and I haven't gotten out that much to, well, ... climb. But I have started to acquire some nice ski equipment and am trying to fill out the set up to get high in the back country - almost there. Until I get there, I've been skiing at some resorts, trying to remember how. I finally felt good on the new skis. So it's been the usual suspects, Baker, Alpental, and Stephens (First time for all of them in my 7 years out here; did i mention I'm trying to learn again?). So, sorry no posts about those exciting excursions.

So now it's super bowl weekend, or maybe stupid bowl weekend (It would have had a different name if the pack, i.e. Favre, hadn't bungled 2 weeks before). I was itching to get out again. After a long night on Saturday, I had a soccer game early in the day, and was pretty tired. Called Lucas up and we convinced eachother to just "get out." So we headed out to tiger mountain. We started hiking about 3 in the afternoon and made it to snow at 0.5 miles and cruised to the top. Met a couple up there also fleeing the stupid bowl, hung out, and got down as daylight was no longer. Stopped into Rogue, issaquah for some refreshments on the long 20 minute commute back to the city.

So it was the first peak of the year! yay (j/k). But after not seeing lucas for 3 months while he dealt with writing his dissertation, it was great to get back out there (ANYWHERE) with him, scheming about all of the climbs in store for the year. Hopefully there will be exciting ones, and many of them. While the first one was not, it was a start to get us out there and get back in the groove. And soon I'll have the complete ski set to add some cool excursions on snow. Here's to a successful year!

2 comments:

dl004d said...

Glad you had a nice climb, but... you missed a good Super Bowl!

kc said...

si senor, We actually caught the 4th quarter at the rogue alehouse. good times.